Did you miss the Bible mini series that was shown on the History Channel? Or did you watch it and want to watch it again?
Maybe you're wondering what I'm rambling about.
The Bible is breathtaking in scope and scale. It features powerful performances, exotic locales and dazzling visual effects that breathe spectular life into the dramatic stories of faith and courage from Genesis through Revelation. This historic television event has entertained and inspired the whole world and beaten secular TV show ratings.
It's now been released as a 4-DVD set that includes all 10 episodes. The running time is 440 minutes. These are the 10 episodes:
1. The Beginning - Noah, Abraham thru Jacob, Israel begins
2. The Exodus - Pharaoh, Moses, Red and Ten Commandments
3. The Homeland - Joshua, Samson, Judges, David & Goliath
4. The Kingdom - David, Saul
5. The Survival - Zedekiah, Nebuchadnezzar, Daniel
6. The Revolution - Roman, birth of Christ, John the Baptist, Jesus,
7. The Mission - Pharisees, Jesus, miracles, Disciples
8. The Betrayal - Last supper, Judas, Peter's Denial
9. The Passion - Nicodemus" Pilate, Crucifixion, Resurrection
10. The Courage - Jesus returns, Holy Spirit comes, Disciples die, John survives death, exiled to Patmos, Revelation
This movie stars Portuguese actor Diogo Morgados as Jesus Christ and is narrated by Emmy award winning actor Keith David.
This miniseries was produced by the husband and wife team of Roma Downey and Mark Brunett.
Irish-born Roma Downey is best known for her role as Monica on the hit TV series "Touched by an Angel': Now Downey and her husband, Mark Brunett, best known for producing prime-time hit reality shows (The Voice; Survivor).
Downey stars as Mother Mary in the series. In a recent interview with Catholic Digest, Downey said, "I was raised a Catholic; I've loved the Lord my whole life, and I've loved Mary my whole life. What a privilege to portray her on screen through her eyes and feel the story through her heart."
When asked how she prepared herself to play the role of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Downey simply replied: "I prayed. And my prayer was the Hail Mary. My father slept with a rosary under his pillow every night, and when he passed away, his rosary was given to me. I had the rosary on the set WIth me, and I made sure it was always near me. I actually wore it around my neck, hidden inside my tunic."
Playing the role of Mary has also influenced her life as a parent of 3 teenagers. "Loving Mary has widened my heart. She fills me with strength... I can't even begin to imagine as a parent what she must have been going through and feeling."
"Every day, my husband and 1 pray that there will be less of us and more of Him."
You can get you own set here on Amazon, by clicking the image...